how to pack a small storage unit
how to pack a medium storage unit
how to pack a large storage unit
Storage Tips & Hints..
- Plan your storage space.
- Place those items that you need to access often in the front of the unit.
- Leave a small space around the perimeter of your storage unit to aid circulation
- Look Up!, Utilise all of the space available to you, including the height.
- Stack the lighter boxes on top of the heavier boxes.
- Don’t over-pack cartons or they will be too hard to lift.
- If tables won’t disassemble, place a mat or protective plastic on the ground and lay the tabletop face down on the floor with the legs pointing up.
- Cover stuffed furniture with cardboard, blankets or plastic covers to protect against dust.
- Don’t place heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
- Never lay paintings or mirrors flat. Ensure they are wrapped or placed in proper picture/mirror cartons.
- To ensure safe storage: Do not store anything combustible (i.e. paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paint, etc.).
- Do not store any living things (including plants), or perishable goods (especially foodstuffs).
- Empty petrol from mowers, whipper snipers, etc.
- Ensure gas bottles are empty and BBQ or cooking surfaces are clean.
- 1.5 metre by 1.5 metre unit – Suitable for a large room of belongings
- 1.5 metre by 3 metre unit – Suitable for 2-3 rooms worth of belongings.
- 3 metre by 3 metre unit – Would store all the contents of a small home or two bedroom apartment. This is one of the most commonly used self storage unit sizes.